starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best investment for training

Default Best investment for training

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    This is a survey in regards to what was your best money spent....a home gym OR a personalized program from a qualified and knowledgable coach?

No Question About It... My Home Gym.

IFF you dont live by a good blackiron/crossfit/olympic/strongman gym then a home gym is number 1

a home gym is an investment in your training, not in the financial sense. I will say though, make sure you have people to lift with because its quite depressing, even for an introvert like me. I make my best gains with lifting partners who will encourage me when I am being a pussy.

There are probably 5-10 peeps on this whole site that legitimately need a detailed customized program. The rest of us just need basic, basic shit.

I vote home gym (& I say this as a dude who programs for money).

If you have a budget or the skill to work craigslist and can acquire quality equipment, then a home gym is possibly a fantastic investment. This holds true if there are no quality lifting environments near you, they are priced way too high, or your life makes it so that you'd be unable to consistently make it to the gym if it wasn't in your garage/basement. If you can't get decent equipment (minimum would be about an $800 investment if buying new, or lots of time/luck on craigslist), don't bother.

Home gym. I train better when I am alone, and my best sessions are when I'm at home in my garage. I can blast James Brown during squat sets, play ball with my dog, listen to a Phillies game on the radio, and grab some food within minutes of finishing a set.

I vote home gym. One of my better investments in life. Even though I may not have been smart with programming over the years, I've always remained consistent. And that's mainly due to having my own home gym.

The only downsides are that I never get to post anything in the "Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious" forum, and... well, I can't think of anything else.

I vote for home gym. As long as you're smart enough to follow some basic principles, programming won't make much of a difference.

starting strength coach development program
    Home gym, no question. It removes so many variables from the training (shitty annoying music, forced waits for equipment, excuses to not go, etc.) that I can focus on just putting weight and reps into the programs.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast