starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EMS: Electromyostimulation

Default EMS: Electromyostimulation

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hey guys, I just bought this almost $900 EMS device because the evidence in scientific journals clearly points to their efficacy. For example, http://journals.lww.com/nsca-jscr/Ab...of_the.38.aspx
    Vertical jump improved by 19% in just 3-6 weeks and dynamic Fmax increased by 79.5% (no idea what that means), and rate of force development, which is very important, increased by 74%.

Anyone have any experiences with EMS devices?

Yes EMS is a legitimate protocol but I didn't bother reading your link. Now, it's important for you and your assistant to agree on a "safeword" before therapy commences. Crank up the voltage until you can't bear it anymore. That's about it. Electrical burns are common so don't be surprised.

Assistant? I'll be doing it alone.

That's fine too. What protocol will you use and what unit did you purchase? I am in the market for such a device but I would not pay so much.

Globus SpeedCoach Sport. I plan to use the Speed programs since they first do strength and then pure explosiveness.

Whatever you say, lebron.

All the successful sports studies in the last few years have been done with either the Globus or Compex ems devices; you get what you pay for. Also it might shocking to note that ems increases leg strength faster than weight training, if correctly done.

Even faster if you attach the pads to antagonists.

Do you have a good supply of peptide hormones, insulin pins, bac water, cotton balls, etc?

All of this will be needed to prevent injury during this concentrated phase of training. Modern sports technology is quite sophisticated and you should take full advantage of ancillary methods.

I am in direct contact via email with Derek Hansen, the creator of the SpeedCoach program on the Globus. He's explaining how to use the device...Btw I think my running vertical went up an inch, to 33'', from losing 2 pounds and jumping a ton in the last few days.
    Last edited by umairsemail; 06-04-2013 at 04:34 PM.

starting strength coach development program
    Wow.. Seriously? This has got to be a bad joke.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast