starting strength gym

Thread: Questions stemming from the app

Default Questions stemming from the app

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I've been using the app and the squat and dead lift have been at the same 20 lbs difference the whole time (about 3 weeks). Should I just keep lifting what the app says to lift or should I add more weight to one or the other. I thought that at some point the dead lift was supposed to take off well ahead of the squat.

KPIs:
    6'3", 270lbs, Male
    Squat: 175
    Press: 95
    Bench:125
    Dead lift: 195

Feel free to comment on any of these numbers and suggest changes. I've basically just did exactly what the app says with the exception of the press when I added 15lbs one session in the second week.

How much is the app telling you to add to each lift? How often are you deadlifting?

Also if you haven't bought the book, buy it. Now. Then read it twice and take notes. Seriously.

10lbs each workout for both squat and deadlift. i do each every workout per the app\book.

Again, have you read the book? This one? The topic of weight selection and progression is covered in extensive detail. You can get the kindle version from Amazon even cheaper but I like the paper copy better, it's easier to see the drawings. I'll leave this for a qualified coach to answer if they so choose since I don't want to lead you astray. Providing your age may also be helpful. But honestly, if you haven't read the book, you're unlikely to get helpful answers.
    Last edited by kurt1911; 12-27-2015 at 04:48 AM.

im reading the book now, but since i found out about this program from the app, here i am with a question. the book is what prompted me to ask this question.

so should i start adding more weight to my deadlift or keep on with what om doing and wait until the squat has to go down to 5lbs increase/week? im 34 years old.