starting strength gym
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you recommend such high carbohydrate consumption if it screws with isulin?

Default Why do you recommend such high carbohydrate consumption if it screws with isulin?

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    What we pretty much know now about carbohydrates is that they spike insulin levels, which can lead to a development of insulin resistance, otherwise known as diabetes. Why do you recommend eating mostly carbohydrates if this is the case?

What spikes insulin more, carbohydrates or amino acids from protein in isocaloric doses?

Also, what's the difference in a person who becomes insulin resistant and someone who doesn't on a given carbohydrate intake?

I'm fairly confident you, nor BearMode (your other alias), actually "know" anything. I certainly don't and I don't represent my information in any other fashion.

Also, what's your real name?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    What spikes insulin more, carbohydrates or amino acids from protein in isocaloric doses?
    Ooh, ooh, pick me, pick me! It's the proteinz.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    Also, what's the difference in a person who becomes insulin resistant and someone who doesn't on a given carbohydrate intake?
    The latter person uses the energy from the carbohydrates to lift heavy ass shit and gets swole as hell, while the former person sits on the couch watching Real Housewives, cruising Faceook, and growing a terrible fatty liver? Am I close?

Somehow these points have escaped Mr. Sanchez

I don't know Jordan, that's why I was asking the question you fuckin dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleSanchez View Post
    I don't know Jordan, that's why I was asking the question you fuckin dumbass
    The irony....

Also, Jordan if what you're saying about protein and insulin is true, then what about fat? Obviously I wouldn't recommend replacing all your carbohydrates with protein. If carbohydrates, despite spiking insulin less than protein, you would still receive larger spikes of insulin if you eat carbohydrates as opposed ot fat. Meaning if I replaced all my carbs with fat, my insulin spikes would be significantly lower. Am I wrong?

Well he asked a question. At least he wanted to know. If his question was dumb in the first place why even approve the question? And I thought he was banned anyway.

I feel like insulting the person I am asking a question to wouldn't yield fruitful results in regards to my question. Some adage about flies and honey or something along those lines...

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleSanchez View Post
    Also, Jordan if what you're saying about protein and insulin is true, then what about fat? Obviously I wouldn't recommend replacing all your carbohydrates with protein. If carbohydrates, despite spiking insulin less than protein, you would still receive larger spikes of insulin if you eat carbohydrates as opposed ot fat. Meaning if I replaced all my carbs with fat, my insulin spikes would be significantly lower. Am I wrong?
    There's not enough information to accurately answer this question, but in general- it would be lower insulin (but still above baseline) for longer. Insulin is not the problem....

Quote Originally Posted by Kaplowitz View Post
    Well he asked a question. At least he wanted to know. If his question was dumb in the first place why even approve the question? And I thought he was banned anyway.
    He's trolling. He failed a 260lb or so back squat the other day and is upset. It happens. I've failed less than that.

Quote Originally Posted by wakk0 View Post
    I feel like insulting the person I am asking a question to wouldn't yield fruitful results in regards to my question. Some adage about flies and honey or something along those lines...
    Weird eh? Got your email btw.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast