starting strength gym
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cutting for a Vacation?

Default Cutting for a Vacation?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Please don't flame me for this but I'm going on vacation to Colombia from December 15th to 29th. I'm just starting week four of my bulk and novice linear progression. I'd like to continue on this path for two more weeks (6 more workouts) then cut for about 10 days prior to leaving on my vacation. Once I return, I'll go back to bulking and the linear progression starting again in early January.

These are my results so far, I've done nine workouts:

Height: 5'9
    Bodyweight: 157 -> 166
    Squat: 135 -> 215
    Bench: 95 -> 125
    Deadlift: 185 -> 265
    Press: 75 -> 90
    Cleans: 95 -> 135

I have six workouts remaining until I want to start my cut. If I just workout until I leave on vacation, I have 10 workouts remaining. I know for a fact that I won't be working out while on vacation. I'll be back in the office working again and back to a normal schedule just after New Years so I'll return to the gym at that point.

I want to continue on my bulk and GOMAD for two more weeks then start my cut. With a time frame of 9-10 days for a quick cut, what should I do to see the best results? I basically just want to trim up a bit for the beach.

Thanks
    Last edited by cmrocks; 11-21-2011 at 04:38 PM.

I apologize if I missed this in your post, but it would really help to know your height. So we can properly judge exactly how much of a fat, disgusting slob you are at 166 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    I apologize if I missed this in your post, but it would really help to know your height. So we can properly judge exactly how much of a fat, disgusting slob you are at 166 lbs.
    I added it to my post but I'm 5'9.

You're on vacation! Eat all sorts of fun shit, get drunk and enjoy yourself! What you're saying is that you're goals are different for a min....just run a lot of sprints, cut all superfluous carbs and junk food till then and continue to squat bench press and dead...just dont worry about adding weight and get lots of good reps in. The best exercises are still the best exercises.

you have your whole life to train....

Quote Originally Posted by ZKP View Post
    You're on vacation! Eat all sorts of fun shit, get drunk and enjoy yourself! What you're saying is that you're goals are different for a min....just run a lot of sprints, cut all superfluous carbs and junk food till then and continue to squat bench press and dead...just dont worry about adding weight and get lots of good reps in. The best exercises are still the best exercises.

you have your whole life to train....
    Well, I won't be training while on vacation. I'll be relaxing on the beach and getting drunk most days for sure. I was just thinking about trying to cut for about a week and a half leading up to my vacation.

I'll just really clean up my diet for that time period, keep doing the same lifts, maybe do a few days worth of sprints and see how that goes. Once I'm on vacation, I won't be worrying about it whatsoever.

Lol @ having to look good to impress random people on a beach who don't give a fuck about you.

Will loosing a 3 pounds really make any significant holidaying experience difference? I'd say train hard up until the day you leave, try and find a gym once a week while you're away and then not suck when you get back. For a lot of people here being on a holiday would include being able to go the the gym and enjoy a less rushed session.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderman View Post
    Will loosing a 3 pounds really make any significant holidaying experience difference? I'd say train hard up until the day you leave, try and find a gym once a week while you're away and then not suck when you get back. For a lot of people here being on a holiday would include being able to go the the gym and enjoy a less rushed session.
    Yeah. I suppose you're right. I doubt it will make any difference at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Marotta View Post
    Lol @ having to look good to impress random people on a beach who don't give a fuck about you.
    Vacations are one of the best times to meet people and hook up.

It definitely helps to look your best.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrie View Post
    Vacations are one of the best times to meet people and hook up.

It definitely helps to look your best.
    Pretty sure if you just give the piss-drunk chick you're about to fuck another 2 drinks it won't matter if you have abzors.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast