starting strength gym

Thread: Are probiotics worth it?

Default Are probiotics worth it?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hey Jordan, what is your opinion on probiotics? I was mainly looking at them for digestion/upset stomach issues, but also for their nootropic effects since the gut has such an integral role of how your cognition and how you feel. The hard part is knowing what strains you need, would you advise sequencing your microbiome with a service like ubiome for that? This thread along with the 1st reply (citations) sparked my interest:
    Last edited by Jordan Feigenbaum; 04-12-2016 at 05:40 AM. Reason: link removed

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperfluxe View Post
    Hey Jordan, what is your opinion on probiotics?"
    I think it's hard to get legit, no-shit live cultures to your doorstep and into your mouth. I think the public's opinion of them has outpaced the data supporting their efficacy, however- depending on the condition one is trying to improve.
    I was mainly looking at them for digestion/upset stomach issues, but also for their nootropic effects since the gut has such an integral role of how your cognition and how you feel. The hard part is knowing what strains you need, would you advise sequencing your microbiome with a service like ubiome for that?
    I would not and I think it seems reasonable to say that nootropic effects of pro biotics are unsubstantiated wrt to good data.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    I think it's hard to get legit, no-shit live cultures to your doorstep and into your mouth. I think the public's opinion of them has outpaced the data supporting their efficacy, however- depending on the condition one is trying to improve.
    Punny