starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My best training tool EVER

Default My best training tool EVER

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Well for the last 4 months I have been logging my lifts like a champ but only because of this Ipod touch app called gymbuddy. Know im not trying to sell you guys anything but it really is amazing

Its logs everything you do in 2 taps of a button automatically starts a rest timer that you can adjust. Gives you all types of statistics of how you improved and your logged past. I would suggest to try it out it is less easy to lose and you can send the data to your email at anytime to back it up.

It also has interval timers for HIIT and xfit.

cool

I use a pen and paper.
    but I would probably put the barbell and plates as the best tools ahead of the pen and paper..

but only just.

yeh i got tired of spilling drinks or losing my logs . this just made it very easy to transfer data and manage it with ease

What will you do when you spill a drink on your ipod touch?

Well like people say ...Strongmen cry too

I used that app for about six months, and really liked it. It was very easy to use, customizable, and an easy way to view progress in percentages and graphs. I highly recommend this app for anyone who already takes an iPod or iPhone to the gym.

I stopped using it because my iPhone 3G just got too slow with the new iOS4, and made using almost any app a hassle. Now I'm rolling old school with the comp notebook and pen, and I don't get chalk on my phone. Oh, and I don't look like a bro texting between each set.

Do you really use a timer for your rest periods?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSev View Post
    Do you really use a timer for your rest periods?
    I do, and I don't see an issue with it. There are definitely times that 4 minutes doesn't feel like 4 minutes. And considering how much programming that is advocated by this board, I'd be surprised if people weren't using timers to ensure some consistency. And I don't care what I look like at the gym - I know who the regulars are that use the squat rack, and I've let them know that I'm perfectly willing to let them work in with me.

Besides, people generally don't accuse you of being a bro texting between sets when you're full squatting the amount that most of us can do. Now if you'll excuse me, I think someone must have misplaced the 40 lb curl bar . . .

o yeh most def one of the ain reasons why i got it. after i log it at the same time it starts an interval...making me as consistent as possible..it especially helps now when i take 1 mins rests

starting strength coach development program
    I don't understand timed rest periods. I squat when I'm ready to squat. How long it takes depends on how much sleep I got, how much and what I've eaten, how stressful work was, the weather, lunar alignment and various other microscopic things. I rest till my muscles are not burning and my breathing is normal. It may be 2 minutes after my first set, it may be 8 minutes before my last set.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast