starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those that have a reverse hyper: I'm thinking of adding one.

Default For those that have a reverse hyper: I'm thinking of adding one.

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Looking at the bolt together one from Rogue ($895). Bolt together design will be easier to get it into my basement.

Main reason I want a reverse hyper is to strengthen and therapeutic aspects for my lower back. I've always enjoyed doing regular hyper extension at the commercial gyms and felt like they did wonders for my back. I e never worked out anywhere that there was a reverse hyper.

If I buy a reverse hyper, would I have any real value if I also address a regular hyper? Or am I crazy, and I should instead just look at a GHD that can do regular hypers and forget the reverse hyper.

Just watching videos of reverse hyper makes my back feel good :-).

Have you tried the movement before?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rakes View Post
    Have you tried the movement before?
    Never. I've never even seen one in person. Knowing my back and what has helped / felt good in the past....I just feel like reverse hypers could do wonders for me.

If you have space and funding for it I would without a second thought buy one. This is the only piece of equipment I truly miss from my days training at a crossfit gym. They had a damn reverse hyper and I would use it regularly. Typically whenever I deadlifted or squatted heavy or, at minimum, once per week. For a while I would use the reverse hyper every time after I squatted. My back never felt better and it really is a very minimal time commitment. If I had the space in my garage I would grab one in a heartbeat.

Nardaq do you currently have a GHD or Roman chair? Are you doing regular hyper extensions?

Must be a way to try out the movement before you commit to anything -- do you have a big pickup truck by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rakes View Post
    Must be a way to try out the movement before you commit to anything -- do you have a big pickup truck by chance?
    I have access to one. Are you suggesting I lower the gate and mimic the movement on the bed of the pickup?

I have never seen a reverse hyper listed used locally. Either they are so scarce or there is really no market for them. Or there is a market and they are rare to find used, that I could recouped most of my expense if I bought one and decided to sell it later?

Quote Originally Posted by JLB105 View Post
    I have access to one. Are you suggesting I lower the gate and mimic the movement on the bed of the pickup?
    I've done ghetto versions on the GHD.

starting strength coach development program
    It looks like a good way of working the back muscles without loaded spinal flexion. The price is a bit staggering though.
    Last edited by chrisd; 09-03-2017 at 06:25 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast