starting strength gym

Thread: Chad waterbury

Default Chad waterbury

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    What do you guys think about Chad Waterbury's programs ? Has anybody tried one of them ?
    I'd be interested in trying something of his , my mind/joints can't bear heavy squatting 3x a week any longer + bored as hell.

Haven't tried any but I've read a bunch of his stuff and If i had the money to drop on HFT, I totally would. He's a genius though.

Quote Originally Posted by Santisua View Post
    Haven't tried any but I've read a bunch of his stuff and If i had the money to drop on HFT, I totally would. He's a genius though.
    I have his Muscle Revolution book , and I think I will embark on his "muscle mass and strength" programs. I've been making good gains with SS during the last months but the downside is fat and injuries which I'm afraid will get worse if I keep squatting almost to failure (and thus with flawed form) for sets across and three times a week.

He is legit

Yeah before I knew anything about proper training and nutrition, I found Rippetoe. Then I started SS and did all that, gained a shit ton of weight...I was 5'7 at 145, now I'm 5'7 at 175 and I looked like I filled out and am strong. However, as I've learned more and read other trainers stuff, I've decided to change my goals from pursuing the highest possible squat, DL and bench. Now I want to do certain bodyweight movements like the Iron Cross or ring flies or handstand pushups from rings. But yeah, alright.