starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silly Occurences at Commercial Gym

Default Silly Occurences at Commercial Gym

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024

"Luke, I am your fatha"
    Haha!

That is pretty funny. But we already have a thread for that down in E&P, the most viewed thread on this entire board, I believe.

http://startingstrength.com/resource...hilarious.html

I see these elevation masks EVERYWHERE in Charlotte. These idiots don't realize that the biggest benefit of elevation training in elite athletes comes from LIVING at high altitudes and training at lower altitudes? ... and that is for ultra elite endurance athletes... so unless you are going to the crossfit games or you run a sub 15min 5k, you are just a retard in a mask.

Quote Originally Posted by BGish1984 View Post

"Luke, I am your fatha"
    Haha!
    An aspiring mixed martial artists for sure.

Brodie Butland is offline Starting Strength Coach
    Consigliere

It does not matter who he is--what matters is his training plan. No one cared who he was until he put on the mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Brodie Butland View Post
    It does not matter who he is--what matters is his training plan. No one cared who he was until he put on the mask.
    Hi plan is to look badass as hell, while curling the 15# dumbbells (or are those 10's?). In a scary mask. While wearing a rash guard. That matches his sneakers.

Give the guy a break.... maybe he's sanding drywall in between sets.

One of the strongest signs of the dumbing-down of American eduction is the fact that so many people don't understand that sucking air through a constricted opening does not simulate altitude. Put a rag in your mouth and and a foam ear plug in one nostril if you want to try this for free. At least you won't be advertising what a dolt you are by wearing what amounts to a sign Bill Engvall handed you.

Brodie Butland is offline Starting Strength Coach
    Consigliere

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    Hi plan is to look badass as hell, while curling the 15# dumbbells (or are those 10's?). In a scary mask. While wearing a rash guard. That matches his sneakers.
    Those are powerful agents to the uninitiated. But we are initiated, aren't we Skillin?

starting strength coach development program
    They're big around here as well. My Mom will often speak of people lifting weights and on the cardio equipment wearing "Hannibal lecter masks". Does anyone else find it ironic that this dude's shirt says "breathe" yet he is wearing an oxygen restriction mask? No mask will ever simulate living and training at high altitudes. Restricting oxygen intake doesn't do that, it's common sense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast