starting strength gym

Thread: The poor man's "Dartfish"

Thumbs up The poor man's "Dartfish"

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    If you're like me, and you enjoy the occasional nerd-gasm, then you'll like Kinovea. It's a free video analysis software like Dartfish. Like Dartfish, it allows you to track the trajectory of an object like a barbell, football or baseball on a video. Thought everyone here might get a kick out of trying it. Type the name into a search engine and it should pop up.

Stacey

Will it piss off the folks who paid for Dartfish? Or is it a shitty version thereof?

"Shitty version thereof" for now. It doesn't have all the equivalent functions of Dartfish yet. Sometimes the tracking function can be a bit inaccurate. Angles aren't automatically tracked--that's a different function that you have activate separate from the tracker. The newest version has "key image," "comments," "drawing," and "batch snapshots" functions, plus a few others. It's still evolving. I'm still playing around with Kinovea so I haven't learned all about it just yet.

I know that the creator is looking for feedback, so anyone who's had experience with Dartfish and can help should.

S.