starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some king of injury in the "lower" glutes

Default Some king of injury in the "lower" glutes

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    hi, i'm a 16 y\o intermediate novice, i'm doing the MADCOW program.
    While i was squatting in the bottom part of the squat i felt this area:
    http://www.siz.co.il/view/mmdm5wlwjdun.jpg.htm
    its didn't felt like some king of twist, i just felt something in this area.
    and after the squat this area hurt a little bit, only when im sitting on it\tightening it up.
    i was doing a very heavy (heavy for me) RM5 squat.
    now i'm 2 days after that and it steel hurts, its a weird not sharp and its not feeling like some kind of pressure, it just hurts.
    and today i was doing the middle workout of the week, (press,squat,DL), the squat was 2 sets of 80% of the RM5 and i couldn't do the 2nd set, it hurt, i could id really want to but it hurts allot.
    and i coudnt do the DL eather, even the 1st set was pretty anoying.
    in the middle of the 80% of rm5 squat the pain was 8 in scale of 1-10.
    DL 1st worm up set it was 6 but (i didnt do more sets because i knew it would hurt more).
    before today's workout (i was 2 days after i did the squat that injured that area) i thought it almost gone, but when i began lifting weights it came back.
    through the day it almost doesn't hurt, only a little bit when i try to sit on the exact same spot that it hurts, and it hurts only on the right side. its feels a little bit like the glute is pressing on the tail bone.

my lifting weights are (in the exercises that it hurts):
    DL 120kg
    squat 110kg
    pc 62.5kg (i also cant do pc)
    and press when i'm racking the bar it hurt a little bit after because i'm untightening my glutes.
    also i'm loosing a little bit of fat now after SS so i eat about 400 calories less than i burn.
    and my technique is usually pretty good here:
    http://startingstrength.com/resource...ad.php?t=35858
    and now i'm also looking more down.
    So what should i do? how should i train and how should i treat it?
    i don't want to loose some of my lifting weight.
    sorry for my English.

You should've posted in the Recovery forum, champ.

I really can't help aside from suggesting that you try to massage the area, eat more, and reset by going down in weight to the point that the injury no longer interferes with your lifting. Strength is a long-term goal, sometimes you get injured along the way and that's fine as long as it wasn't due to outright ignorance. Dealing with injuries and learning to train through the tough times is what sets apart those that continue to gain strength from those that gave up and quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal_k View Post
    You should've posted in the Recovery forum, champ.

I really can't help aside from suggesting that you try to massage the area, eat more, and reset by going down in weight to the point that the injury no longer interferes with your lifting. Strength is a long-term goal, sometimes you get injured along the way and that's fine as long as it wasn't due to outright ignorance. Dealing with injuries and learning to train through the tough times is what sets apart those that continue to gain strength from those that gave up and quit.
    ok thanks. and how can i know if its a pain from a bone or a muscle? or should i put ice on it or some king of other treatment?
    and i posted it in the Q&A forum, rip moved it...

Quote Originally Posted by yosi231 View Post
    ok thanks. and how can i know if its a pain from a bone or a muscle? or should i put ice on it or some king of other treatment?
    and i posted it in the Q&A forum, rip moved it...
    I don't know. The best advice I can give, which is general, is to massage/stretch it, eat more, and reset the weight on the bar to the point that there is no pain. Continue training but be mindful of your form and listen to your body, pain is the body's method of telling you that something has gone wrong.

You pulled something. Starr rehab protocol. Do not massage/stretch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzin View Post
    You pulled something. Starr rehab protocol. Do not massage/stretch it.
    The Starr protocol is for muscle belly tears, and I'm not convinced this has happened to the OP.

I'd say get to a good chiropractor. If there is no/minimal swelling involved it could be a sacro-iliac joint tear. I've had 2 of these now and they are no fun, but do heal with time (8-12 weeks).

Otherwise, lower the weights to the point where you can work out comfortably and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by tomskarda View Post
    I'd say get to a good chiropractor. If there is no/minimal swelling involved it could be a sacro-iliac joint tear. I've had 2 of these now and they are no fun, but do heal with time (8-12 weeks).
    What were the symptoms? What did the chiro do?

Definitely lay off of it for another day or two; if it's muscular, that should give enough time for initial healing to occur. Then try the Starr protocol. If the pain does *not* get better as you do the reps, then the injury is probably not muscular and you need to get it checked out; there are lots of ligaments down there.

starting strength coach development program
    oh and can i do the protocol 3 times a week like workouts? because i don't have time. and can somebody give me a link to it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast