starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Injury not healing...HELP!

Angry Injury not healing...HELP!

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hi guys,

I injured myself almost 5 months ago now. On the bottom of the squat, insane pain in my lower back. I got my range almost back to normal from stretching, with still a slight dull pain. Any lifts cause everything to reverse and the pain returns worse than ever.

Chiropractor returned me to that 2/10 pain in one session. But now I seem to be stuck in that 2/10 zone, still not able to lift unless I risk reverting it. Might be a disc problem but MRI takes half a year to get in Canada... Nothing is making it better and I'm dying to get back in the gym.

The pain feels deep and sore.

Any advice??

Spinal decompression!

Post some form checks to rule out form problems.

What I usually do in these situations is see if I can deload to a weight that doesn't cause the problem. Then I cautiously progress with the weight. It's amazing how this usually works for most things I've experienced.

Perhaps medical tourism if finances permit? You can get an MRI for $600 here in WI, IIRC.

A dog costume and a trip to the vet's MRI?

I already tried that man. No luck!

Form check would help me when I'm actually healed, I need to get to that stage first though. Not touching weights until then!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    Perhaps medical tourism if finances permit? You can get an MRI for $600 here in WI, IIRC.

A dog costume and a trip to the vet's MRI?
    That's hilarious! I'm considering driving to the states. So expensive though.

I have a similar, recurring problem. When it flares up, I use light squats and deadlifts during the healing phase -- it heals faster that way.
    Unfortunately I'm dieting to shed fat, so nothing heals very well right now.

Quote Originally Posted by lior146 View Post
    I already tried that man. No luck!
    (What cwd said )++

Did you try the empty bar? Can you find a 10kg bar or lighter? Can you do air squats?
    Do you have micro plates in case one of the above works and you want to get something started progression wise (you could hold plates to load the air squats for a while if you had to)?
    If there is anything you can do without making the pain worse you are better off doing that, as humbling as it may be.
    Just remember, even once you get to a doctor you'll be lucky to get a good diagnosis and then the treatment options may not be all that great, a shot of cortisone (could help with pain but mess you up in other ways), surgery, etc. I'm not saying whether or not you need that, just consider anything you can do short of one of those options will make the situation better.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast