starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ripped an eyelet out of shoes. Need new pair

Default Ripped an eyelet out of shoes. Need new pair

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Was not sure where to post this.

I pull my shoelace through the eyelet of my .5" Rogue Do-Wins. Went to order a new pair and found they are no longer produced. What are would you suggest as a replacement. I am not a competitor and would like a good shoe for all the main lifts. I do need a wide toe box. Willing to spend up to $200.00 even though I would rather not.

Thanks

Bummer. I miss those Rogue DoWins, too. The shoe market is in a weird place right now. The Nikes and the Adipowers are great shoes. The problem with the Aidpowers is that they are narrowly lasted. The Nikes are wider, but, fuck, they aren't cheap and they require some break in. The Reebok CrossFit Lifter Plus shoes are on sale at Rogue right now. Get the "Plus" version. They have incompressible heels. They are ugly and sizes are limited, but if they have your size, I would grab a pair. If that doesn't work, consider Muscle Driver's Do-Wins. It pains me to recommend them, but they have the Do-Win fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Bummer. I miss those Rogue DoWins, too. The shoe market is in a weird place right now. The Nikes and the Adipowers are great shoes. The problem with the Aidpowers is that they are narrowly lasted. The Nikes are wider, but, fuck, they aren't cheap and they require some break in. The Reebok CrossFit Lifter Plus shoes are on sale at Rogue right now. Get the "Plus" version. They have incompressible heels. They are ugly and sizes are limited, but if they have your size, I would grab a pair. If that doesn't work, consider Muscle Driver's Do-Wins. It pains me to recommend them, but they have the Do-Win fit.
    Bummer indeed, I still have mine and love em...hopefully will last

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    It pains me to recommend them, but they have the Do-Win fit.
    if you search Aliexpress you can find the non pendlay branded Do-Win shoes. $120US delivered

Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear59 View Post
    I pull my shoelace through the eyelet of my .5" Rogue Do-Wins.
    Depending on how exactly you tore it, a cobbler can probably fix the issue for you. Cheaper than getting new shoes, and it lets you keep using shoes you know you like.

I've a pair of Wei-Rui Warrior's (~$80). Bought them a few years ago and they've so far held up pretty well. Not the quality of Adidas, but at half the price still a pretty good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    Depending on how exactly you tore it, a cobbler can probably fix the issue for you. Cheaper than getting new shoes, and it lets you keep using shoes you know you like.
    This was my thought too. I still want to get metal eyelets put into my Rogue Do-Wins specifically to prevent this from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by hollismb View Post
    This was my thought too. I still want to get metal eyelets put into my Rogue Do-Wins specifically to prevent this from happening.
    Nearest cobbler a hour and half away. Did not think it would be worth the time and cost. May check into it.

If you go down the path of purchasing a new pair, I recommend the SABO GYMs from Max Barbell. Thet are, to my knowledge, the only commercially produced shoe with an effective heel height of less than 0.75 (and therefore "SS- approved") and designed specifically for low bar squatting. The heel height is around 0.6". I own a pair and love them.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckFifty View Post
    If you go down the path of purchasing a new pair, I recommend the SABO GYMs from Max Barbell. Thet are, to my knowledge, the only commercially produced shoe with an effective heel height of less than 0.75 (and therefore "SS- approved") and designed specifically for low bar squatting. The heel height is around 0.6". I own a pair and love them.
    I strongly recommend against SABO shoes. The material is cheap and low quality, they don't last very long. And a heel of 0.75 is SS approved as well.
    I would go for Adidas.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast