starting strength gym

Thread: DVD--let's start the barage of questions

Default DVD--let's start the barage of questions

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Well, mine came today & of course I watched it immediately.

First of all, nice job to all involved in the production. It's very well done & very thorough. It's outstanding to be able to see what's written in the book applied to live trainees. Many of the written techniques, like the "toes pointed out 30 degrees", are easy to see in the video without using a protractor.

First question:

On the press, some of the trainees exhale at the top. This is something I have been struggling not to do & sometimes it gives me a headache. Is an exhale at the top acceptable?

If you're using the version of the press that calls for a rebound out of the bottom, discussed on pg 161, it's part of the technique.

Question two... one of the things I really liked about the second version of SS (I have read both, as well ass Strong Enough and PP) was the background on the lifts and the mechaical analysis.

Why did you choose to omit such discussion from the DVD? Something equivelant to some of the crossfit clips of you discussing the lifts.

My unsolicited .02... something like that would really contribute to the richness of the DVD.

/douchebaggery.

You really wanted to watch a 12-hour DVD?? - Rip

Damn it. I thought buying the video would get me out of reading like when I was in skool.

So far I've gotten through the squat and press sections of the DVD. Awesome.

Two points:

1. I'm having a hard time deciding who's hotter - the chick with the curly reddish hair or the brunette with the Norcal shirt.

2. I'm hoping at some point you do a Part II DVD covering the clean and jerk, snatch, and assistance exercises (overhead squat, front squat, high pulls, push jerks, etc.)

Honestly, I think you could combine the book and DVD into one hell of a package in and of itself...

We will.

I'd watch a 12-hour DVD... So long as it didn't cost any more!

You sound like an exciting person.

[QUOTE=Rich_S;26089]So far I've gotten through the squat and press sections of the DVD. Awesome.

Two points:

1. I'm having a hard time deciding who's hotter - the chick with the curly reddish hair or the brunette with the Norcal shirt.

I'd say the girl in the NorCal shirt wins. Crossfit chicks are hot.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD9692 View Post
    I'd say the girl in the NorCal shirt wins. Crossfit chicks are hot.
    I'm through the Bench Press section of the DVD now. The camera angle gets much better with regard to the positioning of the women.

I think I also finally figured out why some of the photos in the books show the pins in the power rack set in such a way that they slope downward to the back of the rack (i.e., pins enter a lower hole in the back than the front). I generally do all my lifting INSIDE the rack, so this setup never ocurred to me before.