starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift form Check

Default Deadlift form Check

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hi Rip,
    I'm 32, 6'2 and 225lbs. This is 355x5, I'm currently working my way back up from a reset.

Would you mind taking a look at my form? I've been working out less than 2 years, discovered you less than a year ago and have never had to ask you any questions because your books explain everything. However, lots of haterz be hatin' on my deadlift form lately on the military installation I work out at, most of them with lighter deadlifts than me, hmmmm....check that, all of them with lighter deadlifts than me. I figure I'm still a novice and can't be too arrogant and am open to change but I don't want to listen to just anybody with a deadlift opinion, do you see anything wrong with my form? I know it looks like I don't have much of a back arch, but you've addressed this in several of your books, I'm raising my chest. Also everyone wants me to lower my hips but like I said, the guru told me otherwise and it doesn't matter, when it's heavy my hips just rise back up where they are in this vid before the rest of my body. Thanks.

http://youtu.be/8SatSJVSEFI

Your low back is not set, even at the first rep, it gets progressively worse during the set, and deadlifts do not rebound from the floor. Why don't you break down and actually read the book instead of petting me on the head and telling the guys in your gym that this is the way I coach the fucking deadlift?