starting strength gym

Thread: LB Squat 270 and Bench 180 form check

Default LB Squat 270 and Bench 180 form check

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Nothing really new, but i want to make sure everything is at least okay. I noticed on rep three of my second set i let my knees come forward losing tension in the bottom, but the rest of the reps seem okay. So below is set 2 and 3 shot from different angles.

Set 2

Set 3

Below this is my bench press, i did a hard deload in July from 195 to 135 and increased my volume to work on my technique and right now i'm comfortable at 180 for 5x5, i'm switching to 3x5 after next week since i only bench once this coming week. The way i've been thinking about my bench is that i have to be in full hip extension like during a glute bridge, because sometimes i was arching with my low back killing my lumbar. This seems to have eliminated that, the only thing is see is i have to work unracking the bar because i often become loose.

you should link the videos for those of us on mobile

Bench: Can't really see anything as there is a bar infront of your arm and can't see bar path, arm angles, etc..

Squat: Stance is pretty wide.. Doesn't seem to be causing too much of an issue right now (although may be the culprite of that knee slide you mentioned).. If your knees start caving at higher weight and/or you start feeling some pain, I'd take the stance in to shoulder width..