starting strength gym

Thread: Check out my Dead form.

Default Check out my Dead form.

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I have been to one of the seminars before and my deadlift was fine then. I have noticed that my lumbar is not as flat as I would like it to be, or maybe its just fat. On top of that issue I feel like a belt makes my form worse and either pulls me into flexion or adds more leverage some how.

I usually do my deads close stance with toes out and hands at the begging of the knurling. Today after I saw my first video with no belt, I was trying varying stance widths with toes out, buy my back still looked rounded. This was all after heavy squats by the way.

I have dead lifted 405 with no belt before but I think today was more 315 for sets and 378ish for singles. I have short arms and legs but still want to perfect my Conventional dead and learn how to use a belt properly with out my gut pushing me into flexion or the belt also forcing me away from dragging the bar against my legs with hips back. I would keep hips lower, but when they rise, I think I would still have the same problem. I am gonna try and post a few videos from today. excuse me if I rambled a little bit, that training session really beat the hell out of me mentally.

Well sorry can't figure out how to post vids, I forgot. Will have to do so tom.
    Last edited by MEbigUsmall; 10-06-2013 at 08:58 PM.

Cant figure out a pic either. Sorry. I guess I will have to upload them on youtube.
    Last edited by MEbigUsmall; 10-06-2013 at 08:59 PM.

If you have an iPhone it's pretty easy to upload a pic to Youtube.

This looked good, when I finally got to the rep. Youtube lets you set the start time or even trim the video, so we don't have to wait through your psyching yourself up.

Take a look at your back. Do you see it change shape as you pull? I don't. Thus, good pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Schudt View Post
    This looked good, when I finally got to the rep. Youtube lets you set the start time or even trim the video, so we don't have to wait through your psyching yourself up.

Take a look at your back. Do you see it change shape as you pull? I don't. Thus, good pull.
    Thanks man. I guess I am worried about my lumbar not looking fully extended. I will try to trim the video next time if I can find out how. I actually just posted more videos but I got signed out while doing so and lost all the info I typed. Gonna re post them now, including failures. The day before I did about 10 sets of Romanian deads because my hams fe shitty as thou I don't have control over them, plus they are always cramping up for no reason, so I figure Romanian reads are a good way to stretch them out and build up control over them and build strength and muscle and my back. But I realize conventional Deads are a priority. I also squatted some 5's,Triples, Singles right before doing these deads posted.

starting strength coach development program
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUpoDwSFgt4 2nd to last set

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7F1wtC-4OQ Last set.

This is a failure but its me trying barefoot. Skip to the end.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFkRtYIiHCY

This is failure with shoes but you can skip to end
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXn4n58sqPM

Any tips on foot and heel width and grip width and hip height? also on camera angle? Please no negative comments.
    Last edited by MEbigUsmall; 10-07-2013 at 01:11 PM.