starting strength gym

Thread: Feet sore no more

Default Feet sore no more

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    For some months now I've had sore feet, first thing every morning. It'd wear off by the time I was in the kitchen making coffee.

Over the past couple of weeks, the soreness completely disappeared. The only obvious change in habit is that I've gotten significantly more sleep in these past two weeks.

Making sense to anyone, or anyone with similar experience?

Vince

Plantar fasciitis is a bitch. It comes on mysteriously and leaves just as mysteriously. I am glad that getting some sleep seems to have helped. Even if it is correlation and not causation, sleep is good. I just slept for 10 hours last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Plantar fasciitis is a bitch. . . .
    Thanks Tom,

That must be it. Below link from the Mayo clinic reminded me of another symptom:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...n/con-20025664

I noticed the same foot pain sometimes when getting up from my chair at work. I have a very sedentary job.

Another change in habit not mentioned in my original post is an increased use of ibuprofen. When I am sore from lifting (same right shoulder or wrist), I will take 800 mg. It helps every time. I do this sporadically, much less frequently than once per day.

I am currently in a large block of accumulated PTO. I am using it to correct my sleep habits, with partial success. Sleep volume is up. But as you can tell from the timestamp on my original post, timing is still off.

Vince

Something else to consider is footwear. My plantar fasciitis got better after I stopped wearing dress shoes and Chucks and got some nice fluffy running shoes. Brooks for the win. Not sure if that is what solved it, but it is a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    . . . My plantar fasciitis got better after I stopped wearing dress shoes . . .
    My business casual shoes are bargain-basement, and not comfortable enough. I think I have noticed an improvement when I've worn more comfortable shoes. Now I might default to some understated running shoes.

Thanks,

Vince

Use Superfeet in your shoes. They cost about 35.00 and last forever. I have watched them cure almost every planter faciitis problem I have seen for the last 10 years or so.

starting strength coach development program
    Two things have helped me, a standing desk at work, and agressive calf stretching on the affected foot.