starting strength gym

Thread: Squat recheck

Default Squat recheck

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hi Coaches!

A few weeks back seņor Campitelli took a look at my squat for me. Here's s link to the thread for reference. .

http://startingstrength.com/resource...ad.php?t=54276

Below is a video of my last VD squats which were done today. 305x5 and this is set 4. It appears I over corrected and now I'm squatting shallow

But I do feel like I am staying MUCH tighter at the bottom and leaning over well. I think you can really see the rebound happening now that Im tight.

Any thoughts to help me stay tight and reach depth? Are all the reps high? Also, should I repeat the same VD next week or continue progressing? I had a tough few weeks keeping the new form on ID. But this next week should be 355x3 for 2 sets.

Thanks. And sorry I know video quality isn't as great.

http://youtu.be/_eQ6u4ELnws

You are just a smidge high on most of those reps. You still want to shift back significantly on each rep. In fact, I bet you can feel the weight shifting into your heels when you do it. I cannot say from the video if your shins are too far forward, or if you just need to stay in the middle of your foot and drive your hips up all the way to the top. Try that and go an inch deeper.

Okay thanks for looking. I'll give that a try this week and post another vid to see how it goes.

Here's a video of today's squats. I filmed the 3rd set and they were complete crap. Too vertical, shallow, too deep, loose and just all around sloppy. After watching those I really focused on staying tight for set 4 which is below.

Are these any better?

http://youtu.be/95sGfXW7uIg

Thanks.

Also if I'm dragging this thread on too long let me know. But I appreciate the time.

Not too bad. Bar speed was good and things were generally tight. As your reps go on, that segmented quality makes itself known again. Hips go back, then up, then you lift the chest. Instead, drive your ass straight up and stay with your hips to the very top. Do this, while keeping the bar over the midfoot. I suspect your toes may be pointed out too far, but I cannot say for sure. That's a minor thing, if I am correct. On the whole, they look okay.

starting strength coach development program
    I'll keep working on it. Thanks.