starting strength gym

Thread: A couple questions

Default A couple questions

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    1. I am awaiting my Pendlay's. I now wear a flat sole training shoe of sorts. Should I go without socks?
    2. I am 51, just finishing my second week of the basic novice program. I have alternated between squat/bench/dead and squat/press/dead, going every other day. After the first week, I have begun increasing my squat, bench and press by 5 lbs. each workout, and my dead by 10 lbs each workout. Is this too little, or is it an indication of insufficient progress?

Your thoughts are welcome.

Where socks. You *MAY* depending on your starting weight *POSSIBLY* be able to add 10lbs to the squat a few times.

I don't know what your training background is, starting weights, injuries, height, weight, etc is, so I hesitate to comment on that any more.

Other than that, you appear to be doing the program, nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Ward View Post
    Where socks. You *MAY* depending on your starting weight *POSSIBLY* be able to add 10lbs to the squat a few times.

I don't know what your training background is, starting weights, injuries, height, weight, etc is, so I hesitate to comment on that any more.

Other than that, you appear to be doing the program, nice job.
    Thanks. I am 51 years old, 5'8.5", 157 lbs (up from 153.7 2 weeks ago), and spent the last 8 years consistently doing the muscle confusion, dumbbells, exercise ball type "exercise" workouts. Kept me in relatively good shape, but not getting stronger.

Oh, and my last working set squat was 155 lbs.