starting strength gym

Thread: Is this a hernia?

Default Is this a hernia?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    hey mark, i've read your discussion of hernias before. i think i may have one.

the area to the left (right side above is fine) and above my genitals and below my waistline feels a little tight. i can walk just fine, and i only feel it a little when i stand up.

i don't see anything coming out thru the walls of my stomach, it looks normal.

i've felt something weird in that part of my body for a week now, but it just became a lot more apparent today (i think deadlifting yesterday may have something to do with this?).

what do you think? thanks a lot.

I think that instead of asking me what I think, that you should go get it checked. Look, boys, I know that it's no fun to have the doctor handling your nads, but an inguinal hernia is a potentially bad deal. It's not life-threatening, and it is probably not an emergency now, but it can in fact get that way if you inject some of your colon down through the inguinal ring into your scrote.

So, no more hernia questions. No cancer questions either. I know some shit about orthopedic injuries, but if you have a pain in the area of your crotchline, just go get it checked by somebody that can tell you what you need to know.