• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Week 07:

2024-09-23

Squat: 62kg x5x3
    Press: 40kg x4,5,3
    Deadlift: 110kg x5x1

I am frustrated with the squats right now. My left wrist flexes on the first rep and the bar slightly slips to the left.

I failed the press. Tried a few to more sets but couldn't get past the third rep. My left elbow was a bit affected by the bad squat grip.

I took too long in the start position of the deadlift and resetting between reps.

2024-09-25

Squat: 64kg x5x3
    Bench: 50kg x5,5,4
    P.Clean: 38kg x3x3

It feels like the improvement I made on the squat in the last two weeks are gone.

I failed the bench press on the last rep. I noticed that my left arm had a bit more of difficulty on the fourth rep.

The power clean is improving, but I find it hard to sit back as if I'm going into a front squat.

2024-09-27

Squat: 66kg x5x3
    Press: 40kg x5x3
    Deadlift: 112kg x5x1

This workout had the worst squats of the week. I may need to stop increasing weight until I get it right.

The press was alright, but I thought I wouldn't get the last rep.

Improved on the deadlift with a quicker start and taking less time between reps.

Weekend Weight: 107.6kg

Managed to keep my weight despite not being strict with the diet this week.

I bought weightlifting shoes. They should arrive next week.

P.S.: Next log will be on Sunday. I have a work related travel on Wednesday and will need to shift the work out to Thursday and Saturday.
    Last edited by lspr_93; Today at 12:26 PM. Reason: It is week 07 not 08. And forgot to update the number of sets in the power clean. Wrong number of sets for the deadlift.

Week 08:

2024-09-30

Squat: 68kg x5x3
    Bench: 50kg x5x3
    P.Clean: 40kg x3x3

The best squats so far. Weightlifting shoes make quite the difference. I just need to fix my grip and get 1cm lower.

Felt like I could bench press more, but I will be conservative and just go with the experience of the coach so I won't stall again.

Getting better with the power clean, but I need to learn to let go of the grip to rack it better.

I forgot to mention, but last week I switched to 3x3 3-position clean (ascending sets) and 3x3 power cleans.

2024-10-03

Squat: 70kg x5x3
    Press: 41kg x5x3
    Deadlift: 114kg x5x1

The squats kept in line with last workout. If you haven't already, just buy the damn shoes.

A reasonable press. Gotta work on avoiding the wind-up before a few reps.

I'm deadlifting with reasonable time between reps. I still need to work on getting the slack out of my arms before each rep.

2024-10-05

Squat: 72kg x5x3
    Bench: 51kg x5x3
    P.Clean: 42kg x3x3

The squats weren't as good as the previous two sessions, but they were better than all previous weeks. I need to better position my elbows.

Got the three sets of the bench press, but my phone did not record the last, had to do one more for the record.

The power clean wasn't so good. A lot to improve before I get it right. I need to raise my elbows as soon as my feet hit the ground.

Weekend Weight: 108.4kg

I gained weight. This was an atypical week as I've eaten badly at my work on Wednesday. Yet, I had a small reduction of my waist and hip sizes. Blood glucose got slightly higher. But I did not take a single pill this week. Dieting and training are doing their magic.

I am backing up the videos of my last set for each lift. I decided to watch a few from the first weeks and it is clear how much I've improved on technique.

Anyone keeping up with this? I am keeping this as a sort of training diary instead of just a log. I keep the numbers stored somewhere else.
    Last edited by lspr_93; Today at 12:26 PM. Reason: Wrong number of sets for the deadlift.

Yeah I'm reading it. Keep up the good work. Are you actually doing 5x3 deadlifts or is that a typo? I am surprised a coach would have you doing anything more than 1 set.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Shenfield View Post
    Yeah I'm reading it. Keep up the good work. Are you actually doing 5x3 deadlifts or is that a typo? I am surprised a coach would have you doing anything more than 1 set.
    I am doing only one set of deadlifts. Just a copy and paste issue that went unnoticed. Fixed all posts I could edit.
    Last edited by lspr_93; Today at 12:29 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12