• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    • starting strength seminar april 2025
    Week 10:

2024-10-14

Squat: 80kg x5x3
    Bench: 54kg x5x3
    P.Clean: 46kg x3x3

The squats were a bit high, but I'm not falling forward anymore. Took a stance that was too wide.

Back to 2kg increments for the bench. Hope to keep them up for the next few sets.

I am still having the same problems on the power clean.

2024-10-16

Squat: 82kg x5x3
    Press: 44kg x5x3
    Deadlift: 120kg x5x1

Back to my "barely hitting depth" squats. At least it is better than the previous workout and I am keeping in balance.

I guess I am at a point where every last press rep from now on will be a bit of a grind.

The deadlift was alright for the first three reps. Lowered my hips a bit in the last two reps.

2024-10-18

Squat: 84kg x5x3
    Bench: 56kg x5x3
    P.Clean: 48kg x3x3

These squats weren't the best, but they are at least at the same depth as previous week.

Failed the last rep of the bench, but it was because I moved the bar past the focal point. So I tried again and completed the last set.

I think these were the best power cleans so far. My feet are getting closer to a squat stance after jumping

Weekend Weight: 107.4kg

Lost weight, waist size and brought blood glucose back into the normal range. I thought I was going to gain weight.

Recovered a few old t-shirts which did not fit well since 2016.

I bumped up my average daily protein intake to 240g per day. I was at 200g before.

I will stop commenting on every lift for every workout. Only commenting if something worth mentioning happens.
    Last edited by lspr_93; 10-19-2024 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post
    gotcha. flexibility is a glorious thing, enjoy it lol

my guess is that being able to hold it in such a narrow fashion is what is letting the bar be a little squirrelly; think of it like your foot stance: with your feet close together you are easier to tip over, while a wider stance is more stable. But do what works for you and listen to your coach. keep it up.
    I used to take a wider grip. Decided to take a bit wider grip in the last workout. Did not work. I will just accept it for what it is for the time being and focus on the bigger issues.

starting strength coach development program
    Week 11:

2024-10-21

Squat: 86kg x5x3
    Press: 45kg x5x3
    Deadlift: 122kg x5x1

I am doing heavier and better squats. I still have some elbow position issues and eventually take a wider stance than I should.

2024-10-23

Squat: 88kg x5x3
    Bench: 58kg x5,4,3,3
    P.Clean: 50kg x0

I may need to go back to 1kg increments in the bench, but first I want to get to 60kg.

Just couldn't jump high enough to get the bar to rack. I will have to deload the power clean.

2024-10-25

Squat: 90kg x5x3
    Press: 46kg x5x3
    Deadlift: 124kg x5x1

The press got to a point where I know it will be a bit of a grind to get that last rep.

The bar slipped from my hand in the fourth rep of the deadlift. Not enough chalk. Had to repeat the set. Always use enough chalk, kids.

Weekend Weight: 108.0kg

I am at a weight loss plateau. I will take some time to lose weight after finishing the NLP.

I am eating at an average of 240g of protein per day. I eat dirty on Saturdays and not at all on Sundays. Don't tell Rip that I'm fasting.

I am also considering buying a Texas Power Bar. Found one in Brazil. It is quite expensive given the nature of import taxes, but other than that I can only find Crossfit bars without a center knurl.
    Last edited by lspr_93; 10-26-2024 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Added colors.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123