Thread: Power clean form check

Default Power clean form check

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Hey guys,

today I thought about video taping my PCs,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msJ3s...=youtube_gdata

Please tell me where my mistakes are and if you need better camera angle for future recordings.

Thanks,
    Antz

Yes, camera angle is awful. You'll need to jump much harder so that you can catch the bar in the correct rack position.

The weights obscure your arms when you jump, but I may see some early bending of the arms. It's really hard to tell. You definitely want to get your elbows higher when you receive the bar. Check out the sticky on how to film a form check. The camera needs to be higher and a 30 degree angle from the front will probably be a decent way to get the weights out of the way, but still see the bar path, the second pull, and what your arms are doing.

Ya, it's really hard to see what's going on in this angle. If you could post 2 videos, one from the front and one from the side, that would help a lot. My initial thought is you're not moving the bar very quickly. It looks like you're trying to explode as soon as you clear your knees (although that just might be the angle of the recording). It just doesn't look very powerful to me.

Granted all the answers: Will change camera view next time, will try to explode more on the jumping position and get my elbows out faster.

Thanks for the replies,
    antz