starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift form check 395x5

Default Deadlift form check 395x5

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Deadlift form check 395x5

395 - YouTube

Thanks!

First rep looks like the bar is out past mid foot. See how you pull it back toward you when you initiate the pull? It's be nice if we could see your whole set up via a 45 degree front oblique shot...

On the subsequent reps, you try to extend your back, but you let it go as soon as you start the pull. This gets worse as you go on the set. Then, because your back is flexed, you don't finish the lock out. You don't really finish the lockout on most of these. You have to extend your back by squeezing your chest up and keep it extended.

You sort of ramp the fourth rep and really ramp the fifth. I think these may be too heavy for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    First rep looks like the bar is out past mid foot. See how you pull it back toward you when you initiate the pull? It's be nice if we could see your whole set up via a 45 degree front oblique shot...

On the subsequent reps, you try to extend your back, but you let it go as soon as you start the pull. This gets worse as you go on the set. Then, because your back is flexed, you don't finish the lock out. You don't really finish the lockout on most of these. You have to extend your back by squeezing your chest up and keep it extended.

You sort of ramp the fourth rep and really ramp the fifth. I think these may be too heavy for you.
    thanks for the response.

I thought the same thing (letting go when i start the rep), and it just gets worse as the reps continue.

Before I pull, i think of the chest up queue, which is getting back into position. I need to keep it throughout tho from the looks of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post

I agree with the first part, but where is the ramping you are talking about? I don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugaaz View Post
    I agree with the first part, but where is the ramping you are talking about? I don't see it.
    it might be subtle, but he's right. I remember doing this during the set :/