Thread: Form Check: Squat 110kg, Power Clean 65kg

Default Form Check: Squat 110kg, Power Clean 65kg

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Follow-up from this thread: Squat Form Check 107,5 kg

Squat: 110kg 3x5
    Set #3: TRIM_20170708_104154 - Streamable
    Did finish all three sets, but could only film the last one.
    I usually just focused on "hip drive" as a cue, this time I tried to also think more about "head down", "point nipples at the floor".
    I timed my rest periods, I did at least 5 minutes between the sets.

Power Clean: 65kg 5x3
    Set #4: TRIM_20170708_112518 - Streamable
    Set #5: TRIM_20170708_113307 - Streamable
    The angle is probably not ideal, but it's the best I could do.
    I widened my grip a bit for the 5th set, not sure if that made any difference.

Anyone? How is my squat depth? They feel high and look borderline as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by wfrx View Post
    Anyone? How is my squat depth? They feel high and look borderline as far as I can tell.
    For what it's worth, I agree with you re depth. Looks like maybe your stance might be a tad wide, and your toes may not be pointed out far enough. I'd try narrowing your stance (just a touch), point your toes out a little more and focus on shoving your knees out HARD. That might help you get a bit more depth. Aside from that, from a quick look, I've seen a lot worse squats posted on here!

- Not an SSC, just an amateur!

(Haven't looked at PCs, it's not a movement I do any more and I was shithouse at it when I tried it....)

Hi there,

re: PC

It's fairly decent, I would say.
    You seem to be leading your stomp toes first. In some instances, you can see your heels lifting a big after your rack the bar. Think about hitting thee platform heels first.

Hope this helps,

IPB

Quote Originally Posted by BenM View Post
    Looks like maybe your stance might be a tad wide, and your toes may not be pointed out far enough. I'd try narrowing your stance (just a touch), point your toes out a little more and focus on shoving your knees out HARD.
    Thanks, I'll try that. A close-ish stance with toes out to almost 45° seems to feel best in my hips, but causes a lot of knee travel, which is why I've widened my stance - could be too much.

Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post
    You seem to be leading your stomp toes first. In some instances, you can see your heels lifting a big after your rack the bar. Think about hitting thee platform heels first.
    Yes, definitely. I feel that I'm often catching the bar a bit forward. I'm thinking the "touch my shirt on the way up" cue could help - provided I don't regress into an arm-pull doing that.