starting strength gym

Thread: Bar is tilted on my back for squat

Default Bar is tilted on my back for squat

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    31 year old male. I’ve gotten back into training after a long hiatus and have noticed the bar tilts on my back downward on my right when I’m in the starting position for the squat. I never noticed this before and have no idea why it’s happening. Even when just using the bar, it is at an angle. When I squat it doesn’t feel like any one side is favoured. I have re visited the starting strength book and have read the part about experimenting with grip but no matter what I do the bar continues to look tilted. My right elbow also slants along with the weaker side.

I’m guessing this is potentially related to shoulders? If so are there any ways of fixing such issue. I’m aware there are various posts on this in the past but I couldn’t find one that fits exactly my problem. I can get a video upload tomorrow if needed but I wanted to post this now just to see if anyone’s had the same issue before and what they did to resolve it.

Video?

I’m curious about your bar tilt asymmetry, Jackson. Hopefully you can grab a video from a productive angle for us to watch.