starting strength gym

Thread: Power Clean Form Check

Default Power Clean Form Check

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Here's the video containing 5 sets of 3 power cleans at 95 lbs: Form Check Videos - Google Photos .

My expectation is that there's several things I could improve, but I've no idea what they are or the correct strategy for improving. I've read the book and watched this ( Power Clean Series - YouTube ) series of videos, but understanding what I should be doing and doing it are obviously two different things at this point.

FWIW: Here's where I'm at with my other lifts:

Squat: 250lbs
    Press: 100lbs
    Bench: 150lbs
    Deadlift: 300lbs

Elbows are flexed right off the floor.

Go back and do the teaching progression and try to find exactly what parts of that you're having trouble apprehending. Most importantly: arms are bent throughout the pull, and the bar is not in contact with the legs up to the jump position. It never even touches your thighs. 95 kg is also light enough you should be pulling slow until the jump position.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    Go back and do the teaching progression and try to find exactly what parts of that you're having trouble apprehending. Most importantly: arms are bent throughout the pull, and the bar is not in contact with the legs up to the jump position. It never even touches your thighs. 95 kg is also light enough you should be pulling slow until the jump position.
    He’s not jumping at all. The “jumping with straight arms” drill will be very valuable to go back to.

I'm moving the video to here so I don't have to maintain the album in Google Photos: Power Clean Form Check 1 - YouTube .