starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Form check Power clean (power ugly) and Deadlift

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Arnold View Post
    Claiming to play poker semi professionally without understanding the nature of variance makes me question your entire argument about Craig
    At that point I had be training on ss for 10 months. I could not do power cleans but for press, bench, squat and deadlift. I had fail once on bench corrected moved forward, failed to get deadlift a few times due to form, then corrected moved forward and had not failed once on press or squat. Then I failed 4 training sessions in a row with a coach and said why I was failing. How would that seem like variance to you? That is the part I do not understand. If he would have just said "damn you right you can't stretch before lifting heavy" I would still be training with him. But really what is the aversion to accepting that this is the problem?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by RichWill1664 View Post
    What gets to me about this whole thing and where I push back on it, is about the stretching. Why is it no one will mention "if" stretching can make you weaker? I'm covered in sweat, I fail 3 times before specifically saying before we start that I can not do the stretching routine before failing a 4th time. Not only would Craig not listen to this neither will anyone else it seems. Its written about in starting strength articles but in this instants nothing.
    Stretching is not a part of this program. No one is responding to you because you're a demanding pain in the ass.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123