starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Squat stance too narrow

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    From what I can see this looks fine, other than being perhaps a bit too deep. What is the connection between your initial problem and this squat? Can you not squat as much weight when doing these?

Anthropometry might make your low bar squat look somewhat more like a high bar squat but your low bar squat will still be the more efficient movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You post a video that is supposed to show back angle, and you shoot it so that the plates cover up the back angle. I'm done here, you guys want to puzzle this out, go ahead.
    The point of the third video was to show that my knees did not travel far forward off my toes. This required a shot from the side which meant the plates would block the view of my back.

If you would like to see the back angle the first two videos, both shot from the back quarters, should suffice.

starting strength coach development program
    Even if your back angle is correct, which from the video I still don't think it is, you are not squatting correctly.

You are going to have to use a tubow, get your knees to it in one motion instead of the weird double pump thing you do(I have never seen anyone do that) and then stop moving them. Hips back and lean over.

Also I can't tell from the video but you need to get your knees out in line with your toes. They looked like they caved in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12