starting strength gym
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: JWells' Training Log

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwells View Post
    Wolf,
    Unfortantly the place I workout at is very expensive and the only reason I lift there is because I work for the place. It is called La Palestra. They just opened a facility at The Plaza Hotel and I got to help in picking out the barbell and Oly equipment. It is probably the best place in the city to lift but it is not cheap or someone who doesnt work for the company. However there is a gym on 14th st toward the eastside that has a bare and I know of atleast 140kg worth of bumpers and you can drop. There are about 3 or 4 guys that lift there that are big Pendlay followers. Another place that has a lot of weight is crossfit 212 in tribeca. They have some interesting platforms but you make due. If you want to meet up and get a workout in down there let me know and all you would have to do is pay the $30 to drop in but if you wanted to do it on a saturday after 2 just let me know. I could use someone one to workout with.
    Got it - that's where Staci currently and Gillian used to work, right? It's funny, I lived fairly close to the UWS location for two years but hadn't ever heard of it till I started sharing NYC training stories with the two of them. Guess it's pretty haute taute, eh?

I think the place you're referring to on 14th st is called Pure Fitness, formerly Citi Fitness or something like that. I've heard of it, fairly inconvenient for me to get there regularly, but I can always deal with that if it's superior in terms of equipment and vibe. I knew about the platform and bumpers, but didn't know you could actually drop. My experience has been that of the few places with platforms in Manhattan, none had the combination of being chalk friendly and drop-friendly. That's good to know. I'm mostly working on PL stuff now, not really C&J or Snatching, just some Power Cleans once a week, but still helps to be able to drop or not worry about missing if you need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Ward View Post
    Wolf, I don't know if you know Josh or not, but you won't meet a nicer guy, with exceptional knowledge, skills, and downright awesome human kindness.

Take him up on this. I don't ever miss a chance to train with Josh. Seriously.
    Some pretty strong, positive words from a man whose praise is not easily earned. Thanks Mac.

Josh, I'll PM you re: setting something up. Definitely would be cool to have a workout partner here -I've been lifting alone since just about forever.

Josh Wells is offline Starting Strength Coach
    big-O

Yes Staci works here and Gillian is the one that got us all in this mess up here in NYC.
    Pure Fitness is the place. It is not the best place in the world but in NYC its one of the only places you have. Bring your own chalk!

Any time you want to lift just PM me and I am game.

big-O

So today I have to say was really tough. Matt Reynolds is Crazy, But I did it.

Squat
    475 x1

Deadlift
    475x1
    435 3x4
    405 3x5

Matt's Craziness

Leg Ext, Leg Curls, Sit-ups and Rev. Hypers
    20 sets of 10 reps. NON stop.

That was the worst part. Everything else was pretty easy.

I will admit, I bitched and questioned this but I did it reguardless.

Thanks Tiny. Get well soon.

Matt's Craziness - may I use it on my log? I love it.

big-O

Mac,
    Please fill free. It was not fun at all.

Default JWells' Training Log

Your log is only as good as your posts, which lately have been zero.

Where are you? Everything good?

Default JWells' Training Log

Hello Josh! Where'd ya go?

Quote Originally Posted by Jwells View Post

Leg Ext, Leg Curls, Sit-ups and Rev. Hypers
    20 sets of 10 reps.
    OMG. How I wish I had seen this....

big-O

I have had limited internet access. He is what I did on Saturday morning.

Clean up to 305 for a single

Squat up to 475 for a single.

Left elbow has been a little angry due to a little arm pull on my cleans. I hate to admit that I still have that damn thing considering that I have been doing this for 13 years. Hey thats what I get for not having someone watch me though.

All in all feel pretty good.

Looking forward to the SSCC in 3 weeks. It should be a lot of fun and it will be great to be around highly motivated individuals who want to lift hard and heavy.

Well its monday, so Ill be back to post todays workout.

big-O

starting strength coach development program
    Todays Menu:

Snatch 225 for a single. RPE 5. Form was a little off.

Press 205 3x3 RPE 8
    195 3x4 RPE 7

Floor Press 255 2x5 RPE 9

Pull-up 10 reps. Thats it. Left elbow had shooting pain. Just really inflammed so I decided to back off and let it rest a little.

Not bad just a little off on somethings.

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast