starting strength gym
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: GOMAD doesn't work for me

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    Eating more protein and less sugar is just not that controversial. An active adult male could plausibly drink a gallon of Fairlife every day for years. No one should do the same with milk.
    The level of coping and seething in your post is off the charts.
    You really think it would be healthy to drink a gallon of Fairlife per day, but not milk???

Do you work for Coca Cola?

Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    This is a big leap. Rippetoe-isms aside, you are NOT a baby mammal, and are not going to get scurvy from drinking pasteurized milk. It is an even bigger leap to suppose that enzymes can survive the digestive system of an adult human in quantities appreciable to affect bodily chemistry. At this point, you're just doing ayurvedic medicine with a influencer-orthorexia gloss. Lactose free milk has a cooling effect on the body's humors, and deprives it of key essences emanating from the cow's alignment with the second house of Jupiter. Or whatever

If your body is unable to process mildly-fucked-around-with milk into usable body fuel, I'm afraid it is already over for you.

You suggesting the frequent adverse event reports and food poisoning cases attributable to synthetic lactase and Fairlife Restructured Milk Beverage should be ignored?

The leap from baby mammal to regular mammal is just not that great; we have very similar nutritional requirements.
    Do you have anymore " you are not a horse, you can't use ivermectin" arguments you would like us to entertain?

Sorry, I don't care how butthurt you feel about this topic, you have to give us something more substantive than an emotional meltdown.
    If you can come up with a well-supported argument based in logic and data, we will be waiting.

If more protein, less sugar is the goal, why wouldn't you just ditch the fake milk and drink protein shakes instead?
    3X the protein and 5X less sugar compared to Fairlife alt-milk substitute beverage!

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    If more protein, less sugar is the goal, why wouldn't you just ditch the fake milk and drink protein shakes instead?
    3X the protein and 5X less sugar compared to Fairlife alt-milk substitute beverage!
    Fairlife is organoleptically milk, and shakes are not. You can pour Fairlife into cereal, coffee, tea, or (yes) shakes.

Fairlife Restructured Milk Beverage
    Milk “restructuring” (fractionation) has been performed since the neolithic period, and was an important part of civilization well before the Sumerians described it circa 3000 BC. But hopefully, one day, we can finally depose the Coca-Cola Company, and gorge ourselves on the off-yellow lactose slurry we so integrally need.

You suggesting the frequent adverse event reports and food poisoning cases attributable to synthetic lactase and Fairlife Restructured Milk Beverage should be ignored?
    If you're not experiencing any adverse effects from consuming these things, then yes, I am suggesting you ignore them.

Your evidence for the "adverse effects" of synthetic lactase are a bunch of self reports whose effects seem to closely mimic the effects of a lactose intolerant person consuming milk. If someone is not experiencing these symptoms, then what exactly are they to be afraid of? What is the thing that is going to happen to them?

Baby animals only eat milk. If they are deprived of the nutrients that pasteurization removes, they do not get them. This explains pretty much all the deficiencies that pasteurized milk has relative to unpasteurized milk. An adult human is not going to fail to thrive because they don't have vitamin C or cow microbiota. Hazards don't freely scale in this way. Think about this medium hard.

None of the shit you are saying corresponds to reality. You are thinking about this halfway before you become irresistibly drawn to the scent of your own farts. Like, look at what you are actually saying: you are blaming lactose free milk for mathgainer's results. Read any of his other posts to realize how stupid this is, and how it has precisely nothing to do with any of the things you have presented evidence for lactose free milk doing (which so far, include bubble guts and vitamin deficiencies, which no one consuming lactose free milk is actually reporting).

Having started with a discussion and some good natured ribbing, we've descended into increasing personal attacks over how people do or don't drink milk, for crying out loud.

We've had discussions with more light and less heat over trap bars here, folks, just sayin'.

The psychological trauma caused by lactose intolerance is one of the great sociological fascinations of our time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    The psychological trauma caused by lactose intolerance is one of the great sociological fascinations of our time.
    Because milk tastes good. Cheese tastes good. Whipped cream, ricotta, but not yogurt, that tastes like shit. Cream soups. Cream sauces. Ice cream cake from Carvel.

The painful gas and diarrhea are really fucking bad, sometimes debilitating.

Listen, I’m pro-raw milk, but my brother has developed such a horrible lactose intolerance as he’s gotten older, so much so that he can’t even eat “lactose free” products with a lactase tablet, I feel for those who suffer.

This is no different than my stance on breastfeeding versus formula because of my wife’s experience with two kids.

I still think SSRIs and “therapy” is quackery, even though some people “may” have some “success” with it.

So, to invoke that forbidden word, there’s nuance.

Are we done here?

starting strength coach development program
    I hear ya, Satch.
    I feel for them up until the point they decide to impose their lifestyle choices on me.
    I don't care if they disagree with me, but I will not be cowed into agreement by emotional arguments and ad-hominem attacks.

If I were to agree I thought there is nuance in this case, it would only be a diplomatic platitude.
    I have said all I have to say on this topic.
    I am done.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345