starting strength gym

Thread: Taking Statins, Monolift Bench, and Music | Starting Strength Radio #273

Default Taking Statins, Monolift Bench, and Music | Starting Strength Radio #273

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024

Rip answers questions from Starting Strength Network subscribers and fans.

• 03:34 Rip explains how a Q&A works
    • 05:33 Comments from the Haters!
    • 22:33 Wife told to take statins
    • 35:15 Should I get “The Barbell Prescription”?
    • 38:54 More presses, fewer Tommy John surgeries
    • 44:23 Music episode
    • 46:31 Bodybuilding programming
    • 51:23 Monolift bench
    • 54:08 How to use lifting straps
    • 57:35 Training for an older demographic
    • 1:01:16 You need to gain weight, man
    • 1:03:46 4-day split
    • 1:07:55 Training a 14-year-old
    • 1:11:59 Squat heavier than deadlift

This reminded me to check up on Dr Kendrick. He and Zoe Harcombe sued a British newspaper for libel a while back (Kendrick is statin denier, of course) and recently had a win.

Essentially, in his finding about meaning [para 516], Judge Nicklin basically made clear we were accused of being pernicious liars spreading deadly propaganda – suspected to be for our own venal reasons. We had, potentially, killed many thousands. Someone did say to me ‘At least you weren’t accused of being a paedophile.’ This did not go down well with me.

‘So, killing thousands is better than being a paedophile, really?’

I consider that to be blamed for killing thousands is the worst possible accusation you can make against anyone, especially a doctor. Not only that, but the articles directly implied we were only doing this– in order to make money. Does it get worse. Can it possibly be worse?

Well, it could have been worse in that I could have been struck off, and not allowed to practise medicine ever again. After all, if what I did was ‘worse’ than the MMR scare, and we all know what happened to Andrew Wakefield who was struck off and can no longer work as a doctor. I have been waiting for the letter from the General Medical Council to drop through my letterbox for over five years now. So far, nothing.