starting strength gym

Thread: 3 workouts/week or YNDTP?

Default 3 workouts/week or YNDTP?

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I d like to become a good starting strength coach.
    I am currently reading the 3 books and started to coach some friends and have more interested but often they just want to commit to 1 or 2 workouts per week.

I feel a bit stuck now deciding between
    - just taking them all to get as much coaching experience as possible, with probably mediocre training results due to the lack of sessions,
    - or if I should insist on 3 workouts per week so that I can properly apply the SS method, and hopefully be able to prove its effectiveness to then get recommended to more people?

What would be a reasonable approach?

How can you obtain experience with the SS method if you don't apply it in your coaching?

The method is comprehensive - it includes not only execution of the lifts, but also the programming of them, the recovery, etc. If your clients will ignore the programming and the recovery, then you can get experience coaching the movement execution, which is something, but not the sum total of the method.

That may be of value to you at this phase of your development, but it cannot stop there. It may be a way to get some of them into the whole method, but then maybe not.

You say that they "often" want to commit to 1 or 2 workouts per week - does this mean you have some who will commit to the full deal? If so, by all means, prioritize them. If you can fill your available time and attention with them, then doing so will maximize both your growth and theirs.