starting strength gym

Thread: Low noise cardio

Default Low noise cardio

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Hi everyone, I need to boost my general activity level outside of the gym and I'm open to your suggestions.

I like fan bikes a lot and might spring for one, but I want to be respectful of my neighbor (apartment building) and noise. Unfortunately, I think the Assault bike with chain doesn't quite match that criterion, although I enjoy riding it at the gym to warm up and cool down. Rogue Echo is quieter, but also a bit large for my body size.

Does anyone have some other ideas that fit the low noise requirement? Another idea I had was brisk morning walks or jumping rope outside. I admire boxers who look effortless doing the "boxer skip," although jumping rope incorrectly does look hard on the knees.

All ideas welcome. Winter is coming, but I am content being outside in the cold as long as it's clear of snow and ice.

Stan Efferding's 10-minute walk after each meal is a good option for you. Even in winter.

Thanks for the feedback, Rip. Brisk walk is easy and doable. I'm hoping my that moving around more gives me an energy boost, too.

I bought a cheap treadmill, or "walking pad" as they are calling them, for my apartment and it's worked great for taking 10 minute walks after meals. Here is the one I bought: https://a.co/d/j4FjqSh