Page 278 of 278 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278
Results 2,771 to 2,774 of 2774

Thread: Still on the Right Side of the Grass

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    6/15/24

Squat Monday -
    Paused Triple at 92.5kg, followed by five singles at 97.5kg.
    New cycle, and as is coach's want he has me coming in light. Everything felt good ...

Bench Wednesday -
    Close Grip single at 77.5kg, five regular singles at 80kg.
    Lots of single arm work for successories. Still lacking pop off the chest, but the endurance on the successories is much better.

Deadlift Thursday -
    Opened with a Big Wheel Pull single at 183kg, then five regular singles at 165kg.
    Farmers walks, Step-Ups for time, and Incline Bench for sets of 20. Felt pretty good ... just saying.

SBD Saturday -
    Reverse Banded Box Squats ay 90kg 2*4; Two Board / Five Count Close Grip Bench at 68kg 2*4; Paused Deadlifts at 150kg 2*4.
    Some Pendlay Rows, Dead Bugs, and leg extensions for successories.
    Pretty happy with the way today felt: Squats and Deads felt light / very comfortable ... Bench was strong on the pause, still needs a little more umphh off the chest though.

Two and a half weeks into this new world of "hormone optimization". Walking is no longer a chore, my energy is better, no discernable change in strength ... though I do feel more comfortable under the bar / bar in hand.

I'm still adjusting to the totality of the program. It is affecting my sleep a bit. No anxiety, just waking up around 3:00am and being wide fucking awake. My weight is up a few pounds, which is normal I'm told ... water weight gain. It's not showing up as puffy face / swollen hand / swollen knees / swollen ankles, so I'm not concerned.

Urine flow issue is still adjusting, but not an issue of any concern.

And that's that ...

Before starting Trt, i was in the 300's ng/dl and woke up every night at 3am and couldnt go back to sleep. Now that ive tripled that number after 6 months i sleep throughout the whole night.

Strange how it affects everyone a little differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Cole Gorton View Post
    Before starting Trt, i was in the 300's ng/dl and woke up every night at 3am and couldnt go back to sleep. Now that ive tripled that number after 6 months i sleep throughout the whole night.

Strange how it affects everyone a little differently.
    Yeah, it's a mystery ...

I haven't slept well since my cancer treatments back in 2020.

I'm hoping that "normalizing" my test, and dialing in my thyroid meds puts paid to this issue.

starting strength coach development program
    6/22/24

Squat Monday -
    Paused triple at 100kg .... very nice, five singles at 105kg ... comfortable. Successories were back, and leg focused.
    Lifting in the start of this heatwave. The gym is not air conditioned.

Bench Wednesday -
    Close Grip single at 80kg ... ok, five regular singles at 82.5kg ... meh. Successories were bi's and tri's, along with Dumbbell pressing: from the floor and overhead.
    The heat is incredibly oppressive. Ceiling fans, along with floor fans make the gym more a convection oven.

Deadlift Thursday -
    Big Wheel single at 190kg, followed by five singles at 172.5kg. Successories were Farmer Carries and Step Ups for time.
    Somewhere in my warm-up routine my lower back got cranky. It made pulling and bracing a real chore. The heat / humidity got to me today. I got home and everything hurt: back / belly / headache. I don't think I was dehydrated considering how much I drank while at the gym, but it had all the hallmarks of being dehydrated.

SBD Saturday -
    Still feeling the effects of Thursday's session. Had to force myself to go into the gym and just do what I could. Fortunately the program calls for mid range RPE for doubles ... nothing too taxing. It was still hot and humid, but I went and opened all the doors to the gym, and that made for better airflow ... even if the tarmack outside was a broiler.
    Anyway: Reverse Banded Squats at 97.5kg 2*4; Close Grip 2 Board / 5 Count Bench at 70kg 2*4; Paused Deads at 155kg 2*4. Successories were Leg Extensions at 120lbs 10*5.
    My back was still cranky, but I was able to brace effectively on the Squats and Pulls. Bench actually felt "strong" for the first time in a while.
    Made it through the session sweating like I was in a shower. I was well hydrated going into the session and made sure to drink as much as I could comfortably.

Nothing much to report on the TRT front. I'm fully engaged with all the components of the program, and seem to be handling everything without too much of problem. The urine flow issue seems to be under control with an increase in the tamsulosin dosage from.4mg to .6mg.

The heatwave has definitely been a pain to deal with. It's killing my appetite, but I'm forcing myself to eat. Even with A/C in the bedroom, I'm running really hot, making sleep even harder to come by. I'm good for a couple of hours, and then tossing and turning the rest of the night. I get up around 5:00am to take my thyroid meds, along with the DHEA and Pregnenolone. I seem to be able to get a few more hours of REM sleep from then until 8:00am.

Things should break tomorrow, and the next week looks more agreeable weatherwise.

Until then, peace ...24