starting strength gym
Page 280 of 280 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280
Results 2,791 to 2,793 of 2793

Thread: Still on the Right Side of the Grass

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Quote Originally Posted by Browndog View Post
    Rule of thirds is in play: 1/3 of your training will be great, 1/3 will be "meh", 1/3 will suck.
    this!

9/29/24

Week Four

Squat Monday -
    Single at 140kg, down sets at 130kg 2*4. Dumbbell Bench at 75lbs 5*5 (PR)
    That was a surprising single, and great down sets. Nice comeback after having a cranky back over the weekend. The Bench train continues roll right along.

Bench Wednesday -
    JM Press at 70kg *5, Heavy Hold at 120kg 15sec, Larsen single at 90kg, Bench 87.5kg 2*4. Loaded 42.5kg on the bar for the LTE's and got 5, 5, and 7. Had to go to a hand off and that made things awkward to get set up ... and it was really heavy after all the main work. Great Bench cycle though ...

Deadlift Thursday -
    Big Wheel Pulls at 203kg *2, Deadifts at 190kg 1*3. Light successorries, because I played 18 holes of golf prior to lifting.
    Yes, you read that right ... I played golf before lifting today, and I survived Week Four weights. Reaally thrilled to have been able to perform like this ... been a long time coming.

Golf Friday

Golf Saturday (best round of the year)

SB no D Sunday -
    3 Board Bench at 95kg 5*4; Bended Tempo Down SSB at 105kg 5*3; Cable Mid Row at 180lbs 4*4.
    Look at that Bench, I mean ... LOOK AT IT !!!. Weight felt light in my hands, maintained great positioning through out, didn't freak out when the bar slowed down in the later sets. Set and rep PR ...
    Squats were ok. I loaded 120kg, and only managed one rep ... my legs are a bit tired from all the walking over the last three days. So 105kg was a good call, plenty of work at that weight.
    Bicep is better, but still talking to me, so Mid Rows at 180lbs worked as opposed to Pendlay Rows.

Great cycle.

I haven't been able to stack two days back to back playing golf, no less three. Big win here, I walked quite a bit as opposed to riding. My game is coming around too. If I can figure out my Driver, I'll be in the 80s consistently.

So five straight days of activity. That's 2019 type me ... long may it continue!

starting strength coach development program
    Congrats on feeling better! Your lifts are looking great. It's good to see that things are looking up for you.