starting strength gym
Page 3051 of 3053 FirstFirst ... 2051255129513001304130493050305130523053 LastLast
Results 30,501 to 30,510 of 30528

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    Juneteenth IS a black Federal Holiday.
    I quibble with your wording. It's a federal holiday. My city is majority black. By quite a bit. (I live in one of two white enclaves left but the city is at least 75% black as a whole.) I spent Juneteenth assisting quite a few black customers who were wholly unaware that the banks and post offices would be closed. There were small, quiet events at places like the Civil Rights Museum and the home of Medgar Evers, but nothing big. Nothing even St. Paddy's Day or JSU home game big. The conversations I had with people about it showed the recognition that it wasn't a day for them. It was for the desk riders in the bank offices and government buildings. This is 100% a holiday pushed from the top down onto black folks by a Democratic party desperate to maintain control. If you ask me, the Dems never shifted from the party of slavery. They just hide the chains in velvet now. Black men, especially, seem to be figuring it out. The number of black men I see wearing Trump tee shirts has increased noticeably. Everything the Dems have ever seemingly done for black folks has been a factor of maintaining control. The black folks used to be the key to that portion of the votes they needed. Now the black vote is slowly being outnumbered by the migrants. Dem strategy has shifted and now the black folks find themselves as fucked as the rest of us. Only so far EBT goes when eggs are six dollars. I am struck by our conversations from not too far in the past on this thread where I was not the only one (iirc) who thought they were moving assets with the migrant situation. Now here we are watching as DC (et al) tries to give them voter and citizen status. They spend a lot of time trying to convince white folks we're bad and racist and that has weakened us in ways. While they did the opposite with black folks telling them they aren't to blame for their failures it had the same weakening effect. They made all who listened soft. I think if we want to beat the bastards we're gonna have to realize we're in the same boat and part of that is in how we talk to each other. Labels do matter. Juneteenth is a federal holiday shoved down people's throats. If we falsely attribute the push for stuff like this to the black folks around us we widen the gap we need to close.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    Juneteenth is a federal holiday shoved down people's throats. If we falsely attribute the push for stuff like this to the black folks around us we widen the gap we need to close.
    Matt, being a Brit, does not understand the weirdness of this Brand New Federal Holiday. Until this latest attempt to buy votes was formulated, Juneteenth was a local event in East Texas. Nobody else even knew what it was. The 3rd Obama Administration decided that it would be okay to print more money to pay people for another federal holiday, as long as it appeared to be nice to black people, because of White Nationalism and all that obviously Republican shit. By doing so, they hope to make everybody forget that the KKK was a Democrat Party organization. The audacity of these people is just amazing, and black people should be offended at being taken for such fools. Really, who here is falling back on the stereotype?

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    Who in Idaho is responsible for this? The Californians?

Meanwhile, Science Marches On: Top FDA official overrules staff to approve gene therapy that failed trial | Ars Technica

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on Thursday announced expanded approval for a gene therapy to treat Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD)—despite the fact that it failed a Phase III clinical trial last year and that the approval came over the objections of three of FDA's own expert review teams and two of its directors.

In fact, the decision to expand the approval of the therapy—called Elevidys (delandistrogene moxeparvovec-rokl)—appears to have been decided almost entirely by Peter Marks, Director of the FDA's Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research.

A joint review from the agency's Clinical and Clinical Pharmacology teams likewise concluded that the "totality of the data does not provide substantial evidence of effectiveness of Elevidys for treatment of ambulatory DMD patients of any age" and that the results "argue against" expanding access.

In a memo, Lola Fashoyin-Aje, Director of the Office of Clinical Evaluation in the Office of Therapeutic Products (OTP), and Dr. Nicole Verdun, Super Office Director of the OTP, concluded that the clinical results "cast significant uncertainty regarding the benefits of treatment of DMD with Elevidys." The two directors found the primary clinical trial endpoint results were "not statistically significant" and smaller analyses looking at secondary endpoints of specific patient measures—such as the time it takes patients to rise from the floor or walk 10 meters—were "inconclusive," in some cases "conflicting," and overall illustrated the "unreliability of exploratory analyses to support regulatory decision-making."
    I wonder if Pete has a new house recently?

Default Underestimation

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    By doing so, they hope to make everybody forget that the KKK was a Democrat Party organization. The audacity of these people is just amazing, and black people should be offended at being taken for such fools.
    I fear you are wildly under estimating the stupidity of people, black or otherwise, if you think the average person thinks these things through. Or, unfortunately, at all.

Mostly people are distracted by the next "shiny" thing. Rather it is a new fake holiday to be proud of or something to get "outraged" over. They are like dead fish: they just go with the flow.

Who in Idaho is responsible for this? The Californians?
    This guy has a theory.

https://x.com/ImMeme0/status/1802783389029736839

Matt, being a Brit, does not understand the weirdness of this Brand New Federal Holiday. Until this latest attempt to buy votes was formulated, Juneteenth was a local event in East Texas. Nobody else even knew what it was. The 3rd Obama Administration decided that it would be okay to print more money to pay people for another federal holiday, as long as it appeared to be nice to black people, because of White Nationalism and all that obviously Republican shit. By doing so, they hope to make everybody forget that the KKK was a Democrat Party organization. The audacity of these people is just amazing, and black people should be offended at being taken for such fools. Really, who here is falling back on the stereotype?
    Tangentially related, but very, very good recent discussion on Reconstruction:

Episode 1069: Resistance to Reconstruction in the South w/ George Bagby - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Once one business starts doing it, everyone else has to do it to keep up.
    Works for house prices as well.
    When banks start giving mortgages to dodgy borrowers (a way to create money out of thin air, but that's a conversation for another day), everyone who wants a home has to join the ride too.

IPB

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    Sounds quite plausible to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Rich View Post
    Dazelle died in hospital on Monday, June 10, 2024 after a four-year battle with leukemia - and after she was refused a lung transplant by Australia’s callous health system.

Whatever chance Dazelle had of surviving was scuttled by St Vincent’s Hospital in Sydney, who stated their “policies and guidelines wouldn’t support transplantation” of anyone who was unvaxxxinated.

“Vaccination status against various infections is a critical part of this assessment in order to ensure optimal prospects of survival post-transplant.”

St Vincent’s claimed other considerations were at play in Dazelle’s case, but confirmed not being vaxxxinated was one of them.

After her bone marrow transplant, Dazelle suffered from graft-versus-host disease, where her body's immune system attacked the donor's blood cells. Dazelle was also battling a rare type of pneumonia.

The hospital says being immunocompromised could further complicate a transplant procedure.

Dazelle’s heartbreaking story is not unique in Auschtralia.
    Interesting little situation you have down there.

This is an interesting chart:

c1.jpg

From this report: Migration and Development Brief 39 - Leveraging Diaspora Finances for Private Capital Mobilization (December 2023) - World | ReliefWeb

The broader report and its context is eye opening: mass immigration to the West helps distribute wealth to the East & South via remittances. Hundreds of billions per year, and growing. It seems this is deliberate policy being advanced via global economic forums, NGOs etc. I'm no conspiracy nut, but this seems to be what is happening.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsyd View Post
    This is an interesting chart:

c1.jpg

From this report: Migration and Development Brief 39 - Leveraging Diaspora Finances for Private Capital Mobilization (December 2023) - World | ReliefWeb

The broader report and its context is eye opening: mass immigration to the West helps distribute wealth to the East & South via remittances. Hundreds of billions per year, and growing. It seems this is deliberate policy being advanced via global economic forums, NGOs etc. I'm no conspiracy nut, but this seems to be what is happening.
    Makes more sense than most other explanations. And I can see Obama's fingerprints on that.