starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Olympic inclusivity

Default Olympic inclusivity

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hello Mr. Rippetoe, big fan from Italy here.
    At the time I’m writing this message, a female Italian boxer is about to fight a man from Algeria at the Olympics. Impossible right? Not really, because this individual calls himself a woman and is allowed to fight in the female tournament. The IOC stresses they checked hormonal levels and let him compete as a female. I wonder if the people responsible for this decision are aware of the terrible and possibly deadly mistake they are making or if they are simply choosing to ignore the issue for the sake of inclusivity. I’m just very afraid for my fellow athlete and would like to hear your opinion.

Thank you

Max

You know my opinion, as I have expressed it publicly for many years. If the girl gets killed, I hope her family sues the IOC and its individual members for $800 billion USD. This will be discussed on my next podcast that airs August 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Max75 View Post
    Hello Mr. Rippetoe, big fan from Italy here.
    At the time I’m writing this message, a female Italian boxer is about to fight a man from Algeria at the Olympics. Impossible right? Not really, because this individual calls himself a woman and is allowed to fight in the female tournament. The IOC stresses they checked hormonal levels and let him compete as a female. I wonder if the people responsible for this decision are aware of the terrible and possibly deadly mistake they are making or if they are simply choosing to ignore the issue for the sake of inclusivity. I’m just very afraid for my fellow athlete and would like to hear your opinion.

Thank you

Max
    I saw a clip of that, absolutely disgusting.

I think the worst part is when the female "Olympian" hugged the male for beating her ass... Dude wasn't even trying.

As others have pointed out, men beating on women is now officially an Olympic sport, sadly.

When the women have had enough, it will stop.

This Algerian fella finished 5th at the last Olympics in Tokyo, beaten by the eventual gold medal winner. Knowing that he could be beaten might've been enough incentive for other female boxers not to boycott the sport.

UPDATE: The female Italian boxer retired after just 40 seconds into the match claiming she feared for her life since she had never experienced blows as heavy as this before.

Quote Originally Posted by Max75 View Post
    UPDATE: The female Italian boxer retired after just 40 seconds into the match claiming she feared for her life since she had never experienced blows as heavy as this before.
    But but the T levels were ok…. (The previous years of high T producing a totally different phenotype don’t count?)

I wonder about the average intellectual endowment of members of the IOC.

starting strength coach development program
    If they have high IQ, can we finally all agree it is intentional, not incompetence?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast