Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yes - Low Back Question

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Quote Originally Posted by neilc1 View Post
    Rip didn't watch the videos,
    (don't)
    I did watch the videos. I was just dumfounded by the lack of a belt.

LOL - Rip I’ve never NOT worn a belt … I’ve worn a 4” belt and based on your article purchased the Starting Strength 3” belt which arrived today.

Yeah, I see the belt now. Don't know what I was thinking, sorry.

Some of the squats look high.

What material are the shorts you are wearing? It looks like material that doesn’t stretch, if this is the case your shorts maybe constricting movement.

Quote Originally Posted by pd_oldguy View Post
    Some of the squats look high

What material are the shorts you are wearing? It looks like material that doesn’t stretch, if this is the case your shorts maybe constricting movement.
    Thanks old guy, appreciate your thoughts. Have blown out a pair years ago at the bottom of the squat. The wisdom of my gray hair - all my shorts now are stretchy materials. So if those are high, that’s on me and lot my shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralMountain View Post
    ...At 18 I had a low back injury from poor form squatting, that at 51 has me with disc degeneration on 2 discs in my lower back.
    You've drawn a cause-and-effect conclusion that can't be proven. Age-related joint changes are a normal part of aging and the MRI findings you describe may or may not have appeared regardless of the injury at 18. I'm not a doctor, just parroting back what others have observed. Certainly it sucked to sustain that injury; I just want to point out that plenty of people in the general population have the same disc changes.

Your videos only show so much. I see very bent wrists in the squat. For DL, pull the slack out of the bar before you start the actual pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Yeah, I see the belt now. Don't know what I was thinking, sorry.
    you had me goin there for a minute

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by BareSteel View Post
    You've drawn a cause-and-effect conclusion that can't be proven. Age-related joint changes are a normal part of aging and the MRI findings you describe may or may not have appeared regardless of the injury at 18. I'm not a doctor, just parroting back what others have observed. Certainly it sucked to sustain that injury; I just want to point out that plenty of people in the general population have the same disc changes.

Your videos only show so much. I see very bent wrists in the squat. For DL, pull the slack out of the bar before you start the actual pull.

Point taken, thanks for the thoughts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12