starting strength gym

Thread: Resuming training following angioplasty and stent

Default Resuming training following angioplasty and stent

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Looking for advice post angioplasty and stent. Thanks in advance.

The procedure will be this Wednesday. The doctor’s office has said no heavy lifting for 5 days if they can insert the catheter through my wrist or 7 days if they ultimately have to go through my groin. Sounds reasonable.

Two questions.

Curious if anyone here has had the procedure and can comment on the recovery?

Second, I’ll ask the doctors too but would you think hiit workouts (maybe on the treadmill or pushing a prowler) would be ok during the 5-7 days off from lifting?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Copersino View Post
    Looking for advice post angioplasty and stent. Thanks in advance.

The procedure will be this Wednesday. The doctor’s office has said no heavy lifting for 5 days if they can insert the catheter through my wrist or 7 days if they ultimately have to go through my groin. Sounds reasonable.

Two questions.

Curious if anyone here has had the procedure and can comment on the recovery?

Second, I’ll ask the doctors too but would you think hiit workouts (maybe on the treadmill or pushing a prowler) would be ok during the 5-7 days off from lifting?
    This is an interest for me, my AFIB has started again and I'll be getting a cardio version then another Ablation. I'm trying to lift through the AFIB as much as possible.