starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: danz NLP log

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    18 Aug:

Squat 115kg x 5 x 3, seem to struggle to consistently go to the same depth, seems like I might be cutting is short a little sometimes. Will pay more attention to this with knees out.

OHP 56.25 x 5 x 3 easier than last time and better bar speed

DL 100kg x 5, worked on form. Ass to the wall (for lower back tightness) and knees back.

starting strength coach development program
    20 Aug:

Squat 117.5kg x 5 x 3, I think I have pretty bad depth issues. I'm not really breaking parallel as I'd like and not consistently enough. I feel like this causes my hamstrings and adductors to stay weak which is maybe why I also keep feeling cramps on my left hamstring every first workset for the last two weeks (except one). Considering a deload to properly get the technique dialed down. First two sets were hard. I feel like it's because I was cueing to get knees out (for depth) and this caused me to not think enough about knees back, which caused me to raise my chest. Third set was better but still not as good as I'd like. Will await coach's instructions on this.

BP 78.75kg x 5 x 4, will hit a new weight on Sunday.

DL 127.5kg x 3 x 1. Couldn't get the 4th. Thought I may have given up early, so after a minute of resting I tried again, got it a little off the floor and that's it. I think it's a technique issue as well. I notice that I now started with hips quite higher than the hip height of the DLs that got me up to this weight. So the technique correction may be a little too late. I'm assuming that the muscles that should work on the DL weren't due to poor technique (hamstrings?), and so at this new weight with corrected technique they just might be the limiting factor. Considering a deload here to strengthen limiting muscles too with correct technique (hips high at the start, knees back on the way up), pending coach's input.

In terms of food & sleep, the OHP progression shows that they are fine I believe. I am gaining 0.6kg (1.3lbs) per week the last month, currently at 78.3kg (172lbs). Getting one tablet of electrolytes a day, eating a banana at least a day, some mango, stretching my hamstrings on rest days quite a bit.
    Last edited by danz; Today at 01:36 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12