500m row warmup plus lots of LAX rolling and mobilizing

Prowler walks, 50 yards
    emptyx2
    plus 30#x2
    plus 40#x2

1000m row
    3x8 hanging leg raises

current weight 142

How are you feeling? Your lifts are moving back up quickly.

I feel pretty good. Mostly I am surprised by how exhausting the training is. Compared to where I was, it's sort of unbelievable, but I suppose it's to be expected. Not only because of the muscle weakness, but also the mental effort it takes to make sure I am keeping proper form and even weight distribution. But I predict that two weeks from now, I will be in a good groove. This is like the ramp up to the ramp up.

3/25

Push Press
    33x5
    43x5
    53x5
    63x5
    73x3
    83x3
    88x3
    63x10

Conditioning
    21-15-9
    Ball Slam, 20#
    Kb Swing, 1 pood
    Sit-ups

3/27

Good day of training. First day that didn't kick the poop out of me and I could really feel both feet planted firmly. No wiggly shit.

Squat
    45x10
    55x5
    65x5
    75x10x3

Bench
    45x5
    65x5
    80x3
    90x3
    100x8 (I got out of my groove on 8, making it more difficult than it should have been which gassed me for a 9th rep)

DL
    75x10
    95x5
    115x5
    125x5

Ab rollout 3x8

3/28

Prowler walks, 50 yards
    2x empty
    2x 30#
    2x 50#
    2x 70#

These felt great. Still trying to will myself to roll through and push off my right foot normally. It's better, but still needs work. First doc appointment tomorrow sans boot - which I am technically still supposed to be wearing. Moron doctor.

Finished with 3x8 bat wings; 3x8 back extensions.

Curious what the doctor has to say. Are you going to tell him what you have been doing?

Just back from the doc. Bone is officially healed.

When he saw me in sneakers, he asked if I'd started PT. Very aware of his patients... Anyway, I told him nope, I'd started doing my own thing and he seemed like he was concealing surprise, particularly after he took a look at my foot and said everything looked really good.

He still insisted on PT and told me since I am very active I am supposed to go through PT first before I really train on it. Funny how the training on it seemed to get me along just fine.

I think I have enough resources to structure my own PT. That plus some soft tissue work from my massage therapist should be fine. I am pleased.

3/29

Squat
    45x10
    65x5
    75x5
    85x10x3

Lots of tire pulls on the sidewalk - about 50 feet, half empty for speed and half with a 25# weight added

3x10 pushups

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Margie View Post
    Just back from the doc. Bone is officially healed.

When he saw me in sneakers, he asked if I'd started PT. Very aware of his patients... Anyway, I told him nope, I'd started doing my own thing and he seemed like he was concealing surprise, particularly after he took a look at my foot and said everything looked really good.

He still insisted on PT and told me since I am very active I am supposed to go through PT first before I really train on it. Funny how the training on it seemed to get me along just fine.

I think I have enough resources to structure my own PT. That plus some soft tissue work from my massage therapist should be fine. I am pleased.
    +1
    And funny how training isn't PT. These people are morons. I don't know what I'll do if I'm ever really sick.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast