Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: SSCAC: Strength & Joint Health

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,318

    Default SSCAC: Strength & Joint Health

    Dr. Jonathon Sullivan introduces the topic for the 2018 Starting Strength Coaches Association Conference science panel discussion.

    Watch Part 1 - Anatomy and Physiology of Synovial Joints

    Watch Part 2 - Introduction to Joint Pathophysiology

    CJ Gotcher delivers part 3

    Watch Part 3 - Connective Tissue Adaptations

    Will Morris follows up with part 4

    Watch Part 4 - Strength Training and Arthopathy

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    Dr. Jonathon Sullivan introduces the topic for the 2018 Starting Strength Coaches Association Conference science panel discussion.

    Watch Part 1 - Anatomy and Physiology of Synovial Joints

    Very nice talk.....it should be given to medical students, ortho residents, and radiology residents.

    Looking forward to "graduating" from the mechanistics and structure, to molecular mechanisms/signalling.

  3. #3

    Default

    Very informative. Thank you for posting this. Dr Sullivanís interview with the Barbell Logic team re: this topic is worth a listen as well.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Farmington Hills, MI
    Posts
    4,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Burnett View Post
    Very nice talk.....it should be given to medical students, ortho residents, and radiology residents.

    Looking forward to "graduating" from the mechanistics and structure, to molecular mechanisms/signalling.
    That's high praise from you, Keith.

    Quote Originally Posted by wfd426 View Post
    Very informative. Thank you for posting this. Dr Sullivan’s interview with the Barbell Logic team re: this topic is worth a listen as well.
    Thanks. Glad you found it useful; much better stuff coming from Gotcher, Morris, and Petrizzo. Stand by.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon Sullivan View Post
    That's high praise from you, Keith.

    Awweee shucks...ain't nuthin.

    Looking forward to more.
    KB

  6. #6

    Default

    Hi Dr Sullivan.
    This was super informative.
    From your barbell logic interview it sounds like you go on to talk about rehabbing teninopathy. But I didn't see you get that far in this lecture. Is there a part 2 video that discusses that?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Farmington Hills, MI
    Posts
    4,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David Stahl View Post
    Hi Dr Sullivan.
    This was super informative.
    From your barbell logic interview it sounds like you go on to talk about rehabbing teninopathy. But I didn't see you get that far in this lecture. Is there a part 2 video that discusses that?
    Yes. There are multiple installments coming.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon Sullivan View Post
    Yes. There are multiple installments coming.
    Awesome info, and looking forward to the future installments.

    I am heading into my 50s now, and am experiencing some of the symptoms described in video 2 (particularly in my elbows and shoulders).

    I am keenly interested in what to do about the closed loops that were described in the video. Is it possible to disrupt/correct them?

    I am also interested in ways to improve joint and tendon health as I get older.

    thanks

    MZ

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •